Chief of Finance and Administration
First 5 Santa Clara County
FIRST 5 Santa Clara County (FIRST 5) makes a difference for children in Santa Clara County by investing millions of Proposition 10 tobacco tax dollars each year toward effective programs in early education, health, and family support. FIRST 5 is committed to achieving real and sustainable community-based results focused on forming a successful future for young children and their families. Our responsiveness to identifying and addressing community needs has made FIRST 5 Santa Clara County a model for the rest of the state.
The Chief of Finance and Administration is an executive-level position that reports directly to the CEO. The position oversees the divisions of Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Contracts. The successful candidate will possess broad knowledge of the methods and practices
of public-sector accounting as well as the ability to communicate financial data and information in an accessible manner to executives, stakeholders, Commissioners and the public. This position works with a variety of stakeholders; therefore, the ability to collaborate, partner and develop solutions, networks and alliances that represent the agency’s interests and foster an inclusive, diverse and engaging workplace is critical.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a comprehensive resume and letter of interest by September 29, 2017 to Management Partners, Attn: Nancy Hetrick, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Montgomery, Ohio is seeking an innovative leader with demonstrated achievements in the public sector and a commitment to the concepts of
high performance government in service delivery and operations. Montgomery is known as a premier residential community with beautiful aesthetics and
a thriving historic district along a major city thoroughfare—Montgomery Road. City leaders have a proud tradition of strategic planning to express their vision and results orientation. The City Manager will be a strong, visible leader; a mentor to staff; and will continue a culture of participatory leadership.
The ideal candidate will…
• Demonstrate and promote the principles of a high-performance organization (HPO), which includes a collaborative leadership style. S/he will be a consensus builder who leads and is also able to make difficult decisions under pressure.
• Develop trust with Council members and staff.
• Have a proven track record in economic development. The candidate must have had experience bringing a large development successfully to fruition.
• Have a vision for the future that embraces creativity and innovation, including using technology to take the City of Montgomery to the next level.
• Possess a strong background in municipal finance. Experience with tax increment financing is preferable.
• Have excellent communication skills. S/he will be articulate and at ease speaking and presenting in public and be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and the community.
• Build on the strengths of a great group of staff to develop a strong team culture.
• Promote diversity in the workforce and community and encourage inclusiveness. The candidate must be able to build consensus among diverse interests.
• Understand interest-based bargaining and have strong dispute resolution skills that can be applied with staff and residents when necessary.
• Have a high degree of emotional intelligence.
• Cultivate and maintain productive relationships with the business community, Sycamore Community Schools and the many volunteers that assist with city events and programs.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a comprehensive resume and letter of interest to Jerry Newfarmer, President and CEO,
Management Partners, MontgomeryCM@managementpartners.com.
In addition, Management Partners is always interested in hearing from qualified individuals who are devoted to public service innovation. If you would like to contact us, you may email a résumé and cover letter to us. Thank you for your interest.