A large wave of retirements presents an opportunity for local governments to become more resilient through succession planning. This hands-on workshop, sponsored by Management Partners and the Alliance for Innovation and held in Clearwater, Florida, will use a case-study format to demonstrate techniques to plan for the future.
Issues to be covered include:
- The aging of local government workforces
- The shifting priorities of younger workers
- How cities and counties are all competing for the same talent pool, and
- How to see risks, challenges and opportunities by looking at an employment roster.
Key strategies to be discussed include:
- Documenting institutional knowledge
- Grooming junior employees for leadership positions, and
- Developing strategies for talent attraction and retention.
The workshop includes morning coffee and lunch. Come network with other Florida local government leaders and role-play ways to look at succession planning from different perspectives.
Register here: http://transformgov.org/en/CalendarEvent/101563/Sustainability_through_Succession_Planning_Workshop_and_Forum