Every local government needs a little extra help now and then.
Whether it’s a short-term project that requires extra attention, or a complex issue needing careful project management, Management Partners has a team of experienced professionals ready to help.
Our management services provide:
• Skilled public-sector professionals who can take a project from start to finish.
• Added expertise and capacity for complicated critical projects.
• Expertise and knowledge about best practices in all types of local governments.
• A team available to support our assigned project manager as other project needs arise.
Examples of assignments we have helped local governments with include:
• Community engagement facilitation as part of staff-led projects
• Development of requests for proposals for specialized service providers and subsequent management of the work through completion
• Economic development projects
• Expert advice on election guidelines
• Project management for comprehensive general land use plan updates
• Finance and budget engagements
• Community development and planning assignments
• Project management for public works and parks capital projects
• Executive coaching of staff during leadership transition
• Project management for development and zoning code updates
Our consultants include former city managers, assistant city managers, department directors from all disciplines, and senior-level managers with operational experience. All of our consultants are employees of Management Partners who use Management Partners business cards and email addresses to identify themselves as consultants with our firm.
How It Works
From initial inquiry through completion of the engagement, our process puts your needs front and center.
1. First we learn about the agency’s requirements and expectations, including project details, specific skill sets and qualities being sought, and length of the engagement.
2. Next we select professionals with the background and skills to meet the specific need and arrange a meeting to ensure a good match.
3. Management Partners has the business infrastructure for contracting, invoicing, insurance and other requirements to take care of those aspects of our relationship with the agency.
4. Throughout the engagement, we manage the relationship through ongoing communication with both the client and the associate.
5. When the work is over, we evaluate the engagement by asking for feedback about our work and our ability to meet the client’s needs.